Last month Generator Andy Dobson Chaired the Smart Manufacturing Work Summit in Stuttgart.
As well as opening the conference and welcoming delegates, Andy spoke in his keynote about how Lean and Six Sigma enabled companies outperform their competition in their digital transformations.
He also met with a fantastic and wide range of professionals and enjoyed listening to some insightful contributor presentations on a range of topics from productivity, to digitalisation to the future of manufacturing.
Here are some of Andy’s key takeaways from the conference:
➤ AI, Digital and Big Data are here to stay and can make huge gains in productivity. BUT, we shouldn’t completely ignore the human dimension, expert systems still need experts.
➤ Machine learning is not quite there yet and is more about machines being taught!
➤ Businesses need to work hard(er) to negate the effects of their operations on the environment and companies are now routinely expected to have ESG programmes that pay more than lip-service to the environment!
Speak to us about how Andy can help your Manufacturing business
About GoTo Generator
Generator are senior specialists collaborating in teams on projects to deliver value-based outcomes.
Our promise to our clients:
- We deliver outcomes faster and more efficiently than individual providers
- We operate an expertise-based model which means the senior specialists who take on the project PLAN, EXECUTE and DELIVER the project
- We share our experience and expertise using our hands-on approach
- We deliver faster results often achieving multiples of ROI on EBITDA/Cash
- We work with companies who have a strong desire and ambition to grow, accepting that change is part of that process.