During a management buyout or ownership transfer, there are many things to take into account, not least how to handle the transfer of employees.
In the UK, the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations, or TUPE, dictates how to move employees and any liabilities associated with them from the old employer to the new employer – thereby protecting them.
TUPE applies to an enormous number of different business transactions and the question of exactly when TUPE does and does not apply can be very complex. In some circumstances, employee consultation is also required which can be a delicate process that’s important to get right to ensure a smooth transfer.
At Generator, we specialise in working with businesses and investors to help them manage TUPE transfers, implement effective employee integration strategies and introduce employee lifecycle infrastructure. Aileen Hudson-Hay is Generator’s Human Resources specialist with 25+ years experience in strategic and operational HR.
Contact us to discover your new way of working.
About GoTo Generator
Generator are senior specialists collaborating in teams on projects to deliver value-based outcomes.
Our promise to our clients:
- We deliver outcomes faster and more efficiently than individual providers
- We operate an expertise-based model which means the senior specialists who take on the project PLAN, EXECUTE and DELIVER the project
- We share our experience and expertise using our hands-on approach
- We deliver faster results often achieving multiples of ROI on EBITDA/Cash
- We work with companies who have a strong desire and ambition to grow, accepting that change is part of that process.